Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sickened, Outraged, Horrified !!!

Yet ANOTHER reported case of a teacher accused of SEXUAL ASSAULT of a student. Is there any place safe for our kids? Does the fact that the accused teacher is from a Christian school make the matter worse? In my opinion, yes. This certainly isn't the first case reported nor is it the last. Granted, not everyone accused is found guilty. I'm sure some of them didn't even do it. BUT, there certainly are enough rightly accused and found guilty. But what happens to these poor kids? The horror, the shame, the guilt they live with. The trauma unbearable. Sexual assault in general has skyrocketed out of control.

Incidents such as these make my decision to school my kids from home even more firm. I know I can't protect them from everything, but I can be damn sure they're not being sexually abused doing school from home. I can also be certain there will be no bomb threats. I can also be certain there will be no bullying during their school day. No shoot-outs or violent rampages. Might they get it elsewhere? of course, but at least I can be certain it won't happen here.
God Help Us
God Be With Us

1 comment:

jane said...

I am beginning to agree with your decision...not just for the Aspberg's sitation, but I think I could keep her from such horrible situations. My daughter has too many social issues not to say no...granted she is hard headed and we have talked in depth about this, but normal children get caught up in these types of situations, someone with Aspberg's really couldn't tell the difference. God help us all!

jane